All Professional Driving School conducts Bus Driver Authority NSW courses for drivers applying to drive public passenger vehicles with 12 or more seats (including the driver).
- To drive any Public Passenger Vehicle, you must hold the NSW Bus Driver Authority as well as an appropriate class of licence for the vehicle driven. The applicant must be at least 20 years of age, having the unrestricted licence for 12 months and eligible to work in Australia.
- The applicant will have to supply National Criminal History Check Certificate. It can be done online (see links below).
- Applicant must complete a theory course to satisfy RMS requirements in order to gain Bus Driver Authority. Format – half day theory course, “open book” assessment. The cost of the theory component of this course is $330.00, includes NSW Bus Driver Authority Manual.
- Photos: Applicant must provide recent colour photographs, service available at any Australia Post outlet at $16.95. Two photos 65x65mm. One photo has to be certified by Justice of the Peace.
- 100 points of Identification. It has to be one primary and at least one or two of secondary Id’s. Originals of current passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate can be used as primary. Driver’s licence – secondary. Original documents have to be sighted, photocopied and certified by Justice of the Peace. In case if the applicant uses foreign passport, evidence that the person can lawfully work in Australia must be provided. Usually, visa stamp in applicant’s foreign passport or digital version of current visa, issued by Immigration Department.
- RMS Application Fee is $70. Bus Driver Authority card will be issued for 3 years. Currency of the card will be depending on currency of applicant’s drivers licence and current medical examination, usually every 3 years if no medical condition and under the age of 60. Over the age of 60, the medical examination must be done annually. Conditional Bus Driver Authority card could be issued when, according to GP or RMS, medical examinations must be conducted more often (some serious medical conditions). Information can be located in national Guidelines for Assessing Fitness to Drive 2016 (AUSTROADS).
- For more information about our Bus Driver Authority course in Sydney, please call our office on (02) 9314 6604